Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Accidental Snack
You can judge how a parent will be for the entire year by their response to hearing that you facilitated their child eating the chemical inside of an ice pack. When this child originally asked me to open this plastic pouch filled with a semi-frozen blue substance, I told her it was an ice pack. When she insisted her mother told her she must drink it for snack I figured it was some kind of blue slushy. I snipped off the corner and she took a big swig which she spit out in disgust. Unsure if her gag reflex was caused by artificially flavored high fructose corn syrup or ice pack chemical, I ate a little myself. Definitely ice pack. The nurse told me the confused child would be fine so my only worry was figuring out how to draft an email to Mommy explaining exactly why her ice pack was coming home ruined. Luckily she was understanding for such an odd situation. This is only the second day of school- we have another 181 days of ingestional mishaps waiting to happen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment